Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I found myself often taken by surprise when I stop to think what day of the week it is or what date in the month it is. (Meaning I do this a lot "It's Wednesday already? How did that happen?" or "Where has February gone to?") I am always genuinely surprised. Today is no exception, I can't believe it is Wednesday and I can't believe it is almost March.

The other thing that is pretty true about me is that by this time of the year I am totally ready for spring, new beginnings, warm weather, trees in bloom, everything getting a new breath of life. But, for some really strange reason, for the first time since . . . I actually don't remember, I am very happy with this wintery, snowy, cold nonsense that we have. I don't know why. I guess because winter gives me all these excuses to stay in, snuggle, drink lots of tea, sew with wool and knit, it is all so comforting. But don't get me wrong, Spring will be a much anticipated event too I am sure.

So here is something that I am working on (last week I tried to teach myself how to knit and crochet, two things that my Grandma was a total master at.) I am nowhere near that, but I find it very relaxing and comforting. This is a scarf for my sister, to match her bright red wool jacket.

As far as Pea Soup goes, not much has been created in wool felt lately, well except for these guys.

That's all for now, here's to the comforts of winter and the promise of spring!

No comments: