Sunday, February 10, 2008

Scattered Progress

It is so windy in the woods today that our afternoon walk literally took my breath away! It has been a secret dream of mine since I was little to be slightly "swept up" in a big gust of wind. Not to go very far or very high, just off of my feet for a minute. I thought that today was going to be the day!

I wish that I had more projects that were finished or in the works to show you. But it has been a couple of days of lots of little experiments and very little finished product. I have had my hand in many cookie jars if feels like lately, a little hand sewing, a little machine sewing, a little playing with clay. Lots of playing and experimenting and that is a very good thing too!!!

One of my experiments yesterday was to make a little felt purse/wallet. I started with a piece of dark green felt and lined it with a little fabric. It never got completely finished because I got distracted while looking for the hammer to fasten the snaps on to it!

Right now, while listening to the wind swirl around the house and the distant sound of my boyfriend's band recording in the studio, I am sipping tea and sewing lots of tiny little flower pins. These are like my big blooms only on a much smaller scale. Here's the hand full I have finished and they will be in the shop this week too.

Hope one and all had a fun and restful weekend!

No comments: