Wednesday, March 5, 2008

H is for Hollyhock

Busy as a little bee I am.

I have been moving non-stop all day and it has felt very good to get so many things checked off the ol’ to-do list!

I wanted to stop in here and do a little show and tell – it has been awhile since I posted a new flower from the Flowers A to Z project.

But first, let me start off by saying I don’t know what happened with H (and "I" also, I will show you soon) they ended up being HUGE! Really big! That was not my intention, in fact, I didn’t notice until they were all finished.

Here is “H is for Hollyhocks”
And a little detail:

I really like how it turned out (other than the huge-ness.) I love the colors and really, I love anything to do with hollyhocks, they remind me of Beatix Potter stories. Also, when I was showing Ed’s mom, she told me that her and her sister used to make little dolls out of hollyhock petals (the petals being the skirt) and play with them all day. What a great little story!

I will post tomorrow about the GIANT "I is for Iris" pin!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

wow, all of your creations are so sweet. I have been reading your blog for awhile now and thought i would de-lurk. So, i love your stuff and can not wait to see what the rest of the flowers look like.