Friday, January 4, 2008

Work in Progress


Okay, not the best picture I have ever snapped, but that seems to be the way things are going around here lately. The winter sun has been beautiful and a bit fickle for picture taking. Anyway, the above image is the beginnings of a matryoshka (nesting) doll. I have been fascinated with them my whole life. As a child, I would play for hours with my little set of dolls. It has been my dream for a long time to make a few sets myself. Of course being totally inspired by this as a design trend helps too. Just a quick search on Etsy brings up the cutest stuff! (Like this and this.) So, I will be reporting back with progress soon (hopefully.)


In other works-in-progress, I finished a batch of little cupid bears for Valentines Day. I posted a few days ago about creating wool felt critters inspired by some of my drawings. This is another of these:
I really like him!

Also in the works, a little collaboration project between me and my miniature dachshund, Bean Marie. Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

Chelsae said...

He is sooo cute! Just adorable. I found your etsy shop through the favorites of one of my friends. Your stuff is great. I do fairies kind of like your little dolls. :) Your work is amazing.
~chel