Monday, January 14, 2008

A Portrait of the Family Felt

Apologies for the picture. I was so excited this evening that I had to post about this lovely group of felt dolls despite the lack of natural light. There are actually three different families here, but together, they sure make a cute bunch! It really does look like a family portrait, one of those ones that you take on Thanksgiving when the picture taker tries to wrangle everyone into one frame.

Anyway, I am astonished that I got all of these dolls done. I really wanted them all finished to post in plenty of time for Valentines day. Here is the reason behind this. (Get ready, another rambling story from me to you.) My Dad, who is the coolest by the way, always made Valentines day very special for me. There was always a thoughtful little gift, whether it was a new set of paper dolls or a little wooden doll, and it was always just a super day. When I got too old for toys, it was a little cake or flowers. By his simple act of just being Dad and being sweet, he has totally made Valentines Day special and fun, no matter what. Meaning it didn't matter if there was a "Valentine" in my life or not. And now that I have the very best Valentine, it is an extra special Thank You to Dad and Ed.

Okay, enough of my ramblings, what does all of this have to do with these little dolls? Well, I think it is my secret hope that they will go to a little girl to make her Valentines Day extra special.

Thanks for walking down memory lane with me. (P.S. There is one of these three families up in the shop here.)

No comments: