Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Trusty Stamp Set


Here's something that I have never done a show and tell of and that is amazing because of how much I use it! This is my print set. It is from my Great Aunt Lyna Hoone. She was a school teacher back in the time when teachers rarely married and you presided over a whole school house full of students. This was the stamp set that she used in her one room school house and it is the one that I use today to do all of my stamping for my tags and cards. I actually had the thought that I should retire this beautiful artifact when I was out antique shopping with my sister and saw a set of just 6 of these stamps going for almost $30.00!!! But it is one of my very favorite items and it means so much to me. It is actually a little box with three tray drawers, the top one has a tray full of picture stamps and this is the second one full of words and letters and numbers. The bottom tray is empty (I suppose for your school papers!) You can see that I still have the old ink bottles and brushes in there!!!

The reason why my trusty little print set is out is this:

It's show time,! And the first for me of the season this weekend. I am gearing up, lots of stamping, inventory checking and pricing. I enjoy all parts of this, but it is amazing the amount of time it takes me to get my pins ready for their big debut!!!

Have a fantastic Labor Day weekend everyone! Enjoy the summer days, eat lots of good food, and spend your moments with the ones that make you smile!!!!

No comments: