Sunday, August 17, 2008

Blooms


My Mom and I are both big fans of zinnia flowers. She has an enormous garden of just zinnias, we save our blooms in big bags and plant them the next year. I personally cannot get enough of them, their colors, so varied and vibrant and their perfectly shaped dome of petals - this is one that I just cut for and inside bouquet

Also, a brilliant rose. Here's the story, we were given a tiny rose bush at the beginning of summer and Ed and I both scratched our heads as to how to tend to a rose bush. Did it need sun? Shade? Special rose bush food? I had no idea, so we just planted it and hoped for the best!! It seemed to be doing okay after the shock of replanting until one day . . . I completely broke the one and only stem off with the garden hose! I was sure that I had killed it, but we tried to save it and lo and behold . . . on this tiny little injured stem an ENORMOUS rose bloomed!!!


A rose bush miracle and perhaps a good life lesson somewhere in there as well. . .

No comments: