Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall

I am not sure when inspiration struck with this one. I do remember thinking how brilliant a concept it was but not really going to far into the thoughts of actually executing the inspired plan. So the concept is this - one pin of a tree trunk and four interchangeable tree tops - one for each season. (The eight-year old Nicole is screaming with delight!)

And so I set about creating the designs - with the hopes that my buyers would scream right along with the eight-year-old Nicole about how incredible it is - the designs themselves came very easy - snowflakes for winter, little budding flowers and pink buttons for spring, summer, maybe my favorite with a pretty little bird and of course fall . . .




Now for the hard part - how would this work? How could I make them interchangeable and yet sturdy that someone wouldn't be walking down the street and realize they are wearing a naked tree trunk where a tree top used to be. I went with a snap AND a little Velcro - a little Velcro does wonders doesn't?



And I do love it and this is definitely one of those "keep one for myself" sort of items. I am also stitching up some stand alone trees (not interchangeable) because I think those are really sweet to. In fact I am putting a summer in the Etsy shop and a spring in the Dawanda shop very soon.



No comments: