Thursday, February 3, 2011

Whew! It's been a mighty long time! Luckily, during my very long absence, I have been busy making and creating and doing and I would like to share what has been on the ol' Pea Soup Studio work desk.
Today for example, I have been working on taking pictures - not just pictures but GOOD pictures. This is certainly not something that comes easy for me!! Other than that mountain I am climbing, I have also begun work on a new ostrich egg, just for fun. The first step of doing a batik on an ostrich shell is prepping the surface, which takes about a half an hour of scrubbing it with a vinegar wash. Naturally, the egg shell is almost like porcelain with a lovely shine, but no dye or wax or even pencil lines would adhere to it. By washing and scrubbing the shell, it now has a lovely matte finish to it - perfect to begin the pencil divisions.

More along the lines of Pea Soup, wool felt lovelies, I have been working on a trio of puppy dogs that I have just finished and have even uploaded one into the Etsy shop. These little guys turned out very cute (I haven't made any dolls in a very long time!) And I amso into the idea of giving them as a gift to a little tot that I made up a little "adoption paper" coloring card to go with them. Too much fun! Here they all are together, with their favorite toys, before they are adopted to their new owners:

Here's there "very offical" adoption card:

And they will soon all be up in the shops very soon! That is all for today. . . back to work I go!

No comments: