Sunday, April 13, 2008

Flowers, Flowers, and More Flowers

I feel almost back in business!!! This past week had me doing an Artist-In-Residence program at a local jr. high. Very rewarding, but also, I don't know if I have ever been so tired! I would literally come home and head right for the couch. To all the teachers out there that do this every day, every week, every year, I have all the respect and admiration in the world for you!!!

So, because of this said tired-ness, I haven't made a single thing or even thought about anything crafty all week, so I was very excited when I finally sat down at the work table yesterday and finished this:


Yes! It's the next flower in the Flowers A to Z project. This one is "K is for King Protea." In real life, at least from the photos that I found of it, it is an impressive and exotic flower.

Also, I snapped this picture of my birthday flowers which are still simply gorgeous. They are from two of my favorite men, my boyfriend Ed (the peach roses) and my four year old nephew George (the red roses!)


And finally, in keeping with the theme of the post, I had the energy to clean up outside around the flower beds on Saturday, the forsythia is amazingly showy and gorgeous and I brought some branches in for the table.

A big thank you to my Mom, she gave me that very neat and old looking candle lamp. It gives off the most beautiful, soft light. And a big thank you to Ed's Mom, she gave me that sweet little embroidered table cloth!

No comments: