Monday, June 25, 2007

Belle and Popsie





Hi Everyone. Just a little post to tell you that these two beauties were added to the shop just now. I really love them and think that they look especially cute together! The bear's name is Belle and the pig is Popsie. They make me smile. And a little note about the fabric that I used for their dresses. I bought these two big bags of vintage fabric scraps from this sweet older gentlemen at an antique show in the little town that I live in. (He couldn't believe that "young people" sew anymore - he should check out Etsy!) Anyway, the bags were marked "Fabric from the 1940s." And so you can't help but wonder, what was the rest of the fabric used to make? Curtains? Dresses? I love thinking about the story behind a great piece of vintage fabric and the hands that made something beautiful with it.


Anyhow, hope you are having a wonderful Monday!!!

No comments: