Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Internet Gnomes




I am beginning to think that there are little gremlins inside my computer that are taking things - Etsy listings, blog postings, photos . . . okay, maybe I just have too many things going on in my brain at once and am not keeping very good track of my Internet work . . . OR it could be these fine gentlemen?






Who doesn't love gnomes??? I honestly don't know why it took me so long to include them in the Pea Soup cast of characters - fairies, elves, gnomes seem like the obvious next step and here they are - they are available in the Etsy shop as a pin or as a larger size ornament. I LOVE their little beards and booties - I had so much fun trying to figure out how to get them just right. We can't have a gnome scurrying about without proper footwear! Which reminds me of this book that I poured over while I was designing these guys. I bought it for $2 at my local library's used book sale - what a steal!! If you get a chance - get yourself a copy of this adorable and so well done and imaginative book!

1 comment:

KraftyK said...

I agree, I had this book when I was younger and recently found it again at a second hand book stall. I love it and your gnomes you made are so cute. How tall are they?